THE SA Post Office and SASSA successfully launched a new SASSA card for beneficiaries on 3 May, with Postbank as the issuing bank.
The card is already available at selected Post Office branches, and a process to swop the old CPS-Grindrod SASSA card for the new SASSA-Postbank card will begin in mid May.
The new card allows for the following free services per month:
• 3 cash withdrawals at merchants’ / retailers’ Point of Sale (POS) devices
• Unlimited POS purchases
• 1 cash withdrawal at Post Office branch
• 1 balance enquiry at an ATM
• 1 mini-statement per month – drawn from ATM
• 1 PIN reset at SAPO branch
• Unlimited PIN resets at SASSA offices
• The first card is free and one free card replacement
No EFT debits or stop orders are available on the new card. This means that there can be no illegal deductions from the new SASSA card.
All commercial bank accounts incur bank costs. In instances where beneficiaries are encouraged to change their current SASSA card for a different card, they are encouraged to enquire first at their local SASSA office or Post Office to ensure they are informed of the cost of a bank account. The SASSA card does not have any charges