Ackermans Account Online Application, is available on application webpage and click the “Proceed” button under the “Get an Ackermans Account” tab. Provide the required details and follow the prompts to complete your registration.
Provide the following derails
- South African ID number.
- Cellphone number to receive SMS updates.
- Proof of income, which may include your latest three months’ payslips or bank statements or SASSA documentation (for social grants recipients). Domestic workers can also provide an employment confirmation form if they don’t have payslips or bank statements.
If you’re married in community of property, you may also be required to provide your spouse’s permission.
The online system will allow you to upload these documents, so make sure you have already saved them on your device before starting your application. Alternatively, you can hand them over at your nearest Ackermans store or email them to email@example.com.
Ackermans Account SMS application
Alternatively, you can send an SMS to 34413 at a cost of R2. Write the SMS as follows: name*surname*RSA ID number*gross monthly income.
For both in-store and SMS applications, an Ackermans customer care agent will call you to process your application. In case you miss their call, you may call them back on 0860 900 100.
The following information is required
- Details of your income and expenses.
- Spousal permission (if you are married in community of property).
- Name and contact number of your employer.
- Contact details of two people not living with you.
The application process takes up to 48 to 72 hours as long as the documents you provide are correct. You will receive a reference number via SMS once your account is approved. The reference number will enable you to activate your account, after which you can start shopping immediately.
Ackermans application status and account balance
Check your Ackermans account application status using a USSD code on your cellphone. Simply dial *130*602# and follow the prompts. You can also use the USSD code to check your account balance and instalment amount or increase your credit limit.