SMALL LOANS FOR HOUSING
• Small loans to improve or extend a house
• Loans are paid out to a 3rd party (Building material supplier)
• Only 30% of the loan amount can be paid to the client to pay for wages
• Family income is taken into consideration in order to determine affordability
• The emphasis is on affordability!
• We strive not to overindebt clients!
• Bigger loans to a maximum of R150 000
• With a loan term of up to 12 years
• The client must own the property
• Repayment must be by salary deduction
LOANS AGAINST SAVINGS
• A client can only borrow against the savings if he/she saved for more than
• Can only borrow up to double the amount saved
• Competitive interest rates
• Requires fellow members to support the application
The Beehive group of companies was established in 1992 when a group of business leaders, church leaders and welfare leaders got together to address the high unemployment rate amongst the people living in the rural area of Lydenburg in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
Beehive started off as a job creation project, facilitating skills training as provided by training providers to unemployed people.
In 1994 the focus changed to enterprise development and Beehive become one of the first institutions to be accredited as a Local Business Service Centre to support small business development.
In 1996 Beehive partnered with the Get Ahead Foundation and Entrepreneurial Development South Africa to administer access to finance to mainly groups of women in survivalist businesses and emerging contractors participating in low cost housing projects.
Beehive received its first financial support from the Swedish International Development Agency and the Development Bank of Southern Africa.
Corner of Voortrekker & Burger Streets
Fax: 013 235 4473